Wednesday, September 9, 2015

Day Two Today

Today while working out: Commander Riker's arm was severed and reattached, unbeknownst to him. Then, a beautiful blonde intern showed up on the ship, and Riker walked her to her quarters, where she wished for puppies, who appeared, then she wished them gone, and they vanished.

Remember, I get to see only the second half of a Star Trek: The Next Generation episode, then the first five minutes of a second episode. It brings me great joy, though. I watch it with closed captions on so I can make sure to get the full effect. Ahh I love it.

I did the elliptical for 30 minutes today with rotating low/high intensity intervals. It's funny, I haven't been really sore from working out in a while (even while working with my trainer, it was kind of rare for me to really feel it the next day or two), but today I feel definite muscle soreness in my upper inner thighs. It's either from the squats I did yesterday or the step up knee raises. But the pushups and the dumbbell rows and the bent over side lateral raises did not do it. We'll see how I feel tomorrow. Wonder if I need to work harder. This is all a mystery to me.

What am I doing?
I don't know what to do tomorrow. I figured I'd try strength training exercises on Monday, Wednesday and Friday with my elliptical workouts on Tuesday and Thursday. So I did some stuff yesterday, but I don't know if I should do the same or different stuff tomorrow, or if I should do the same muscles but different exercises, or if I need to give stuff a break or what. Somebody help me out! (Okay, I'll google it.)

I had a good night last night. I went grocery shopping and to the dentist after work, so that filled up a bunch of time, and then after dinner I went to bed without snacking. Couch snacking is a tough habit to break. Hopefully self control and discipline on a continued basis will make it easier as time goes by.

I know I need to focus on getting through today without letting myself get overwhelmed with the future, but I am worried about this weekend. I have an overnight fun trip with my husband on Friday-Saturday, and car and hotel snacking always gets me down. I need to really focus on staying in control. Boredom does not require eating. I gotta remember that. "Vacation" happens frequently enough that I can't use it as an excuse!

Thinking of going to the community center gym after work today!!! I packed fresh gym clothes for it, so I have no good reason not to! NERVOUS!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment