Tuesday, September 8, 2015

The First Day

In 60 days, I'm going to Mexico for a vacation in paradise.

I just went to Lake Huron for a beach weekend over Labor Day, and I have plenty of "before" pictures in my hot pink swimsuit. Am I disgusted with myself? No. I love and appreciate my body and its abilities. But am I proud of myself? No.

I have to ask myself how much progress I can make in 60 days. Two months, eight weeks. What can I do?

 I have to get it in my head that I will not give up if I am not perfect. So mistakes are allowed. Perfection is out the door.

What can I do every day? 
Log onto Myfitnesspal.
Get 10 minutes of activity.
Eat normal meals and snacks - no bingeing.
Eat a pre-planned breakfast and lunch. I know I can do that.

What would I like to do? 
Maintain a regular routine of progressive strength training.
Track my food each day and stay in my suggested range.
 Lose as much weight as possible (whoa, honest truth there, scary) -- as healthily as possible.
Stick to as low-carb as possible, as clean as possible eating. That means no junk food and avoidance of "treats." Kicking the habit of a treat every night -- gonna have to.

Right now the focus is going to be on getting my head right. I know I can do it as long as I want to badly enough.

So today is the first day of something. School, for many people. A life of healthy goodness, for me! I would like to write at least a little something in here every day to keep it top of mind, what I'm trying to do. So from here until November 7 -- let's see what progress I can make. I'm nervous and excited.

No comments:

Post a Comment