Thursday, September 10, 2015

Gym Adventure Postponed

I worked up the courage to go to my new gym yesterday, I really did. I put on the right clothes, got in my car, and figured out how to get there.

But when I arrived, I was greeted by a sign at the front door that said the pool and the fitness center are closed for their annual cleaning. Blast it!
WHY?!?!?

I was totally disappointed, but as I drove back home again, I figured I'd stop by another gym that's on the way. It's gigantic and intimidating, and I'd never set foot in there before. I knew I wouldn't end up joining, but I asked for a tour anyway. That's the sort of place you have to sell your soul to, though. My community center is so much friendlier and less pressure, plus it's not all meatheads pumping iron like at the big place. I don't want all that. As I ran out the front door, before I gave the sales guy a chance to give me the hard pitch, I was literally chased out into the parking lot. "Hey, miss lady!" Let me purchase your soul. I yelled back, "I'm sorry! It's okay!" No idea why I felt the need to apologize.

At least I did my regular workout at lunchtime yesterday, instead of telling myself I'd just do it at the gym in the evening, because that didn't work out at all. I did another one at lunch today, and I'm afraid it was a little too much. Immediately afterward, I felt like a bowl full of jelly. I ended up googling strength training for beginners, so I did something on some Men's Workout website, and OOF! It hurt. Well, I shouldn't say that -- it's not pain, exactly, just regular old weakness. I hope tomorrow I can lift my arms.
Sweaty from today's strength training attempt

I woke up this morning and weighed myself for the first time in a long time. It was pretty bad. Honestly, I feel like, "I've been on this diet for 2 whole days now. Why I am I still fat?" HOW do I kick this mentality?

I'm definitely going back to the community center gym tomorrow. Today I have book club, plus I still feel like Gumby after my lunch hour strength training session. I will have fulfilled my goal of going to that gym twice this week -- it's a shame that the first time didn't really count. But I am not giving up! Never surrender!

No comments:

Post a Comment