Friday, September 11, 2015

I hope I haven't made a huge mistake (regarding baked goods)

I skipped book club last night! I hated the book, my husband hated the book, and we just couldn't partake in a discussion with people who might have liked it. Closed minded of us, yes. Instead, we spent the evening picking it apart hilariously, and I enjoyed our time together.

That freed up a couple hours, though, and I didn't know what to do with myself. My husband had cleaned the kitchen, so I take that as a blank slate for kind of whipping something up. I had eight (8) overripe bananas, plus a bag and a half of chocolate chips, that I absolutely NEEDED to get out of my house. So I made some muffins.

I realize that baked goods aren't a great idea right now. I do feel glad that I brought them to work. We ate the broken or squished ones last night, which I tracked on MFP, and today they've gone over extremely well with my coworkers. I think everyone has had at least one, many people have had a couple (better them than me), and they've all thanked me for baking them. I used half olive oil and half nonfat Greek yogurt instead of melted butter, and I used natural whole wheat flour, and I don't think it harmed them at all. But if you add that much chocolate to anything, it's probably going to taste pretty good. I was happy to learn that my coworkers actually do appreciate healthy treats instead of junk food all the time.

Anyway, it's lunch time, so off to the little gym I go.

No comments:

Post a Comment